Lost in Colombo 07 !!! The perfect lost !!!

on Friday, December 23, 2011
Yeah!! It was a Wednesday evening the 21st Sept. 2011. Lectures usually ends at 4pm on Wednesday. So after a big-time fun with my uni buddies, I started moving towards bus halt to get back home, I live in Borella, Colombo 08, and 20 minute travel from the University...

Well, Thank god, I got a ring from my mum, I called her back, she informed me that she has mistakenly taken away the house keys with herself, and she'll be back around 8pm. I just checked the time, Gosh!!! It’s still half passed six, I had no options, and nothing was going throughout that day from the morning itself. I was scratching my head and saw up the sky. Sky was so different; I would say mixture of gloomy clouds with mild purple color made me a thought "Why shouldn't I walk all the way to home??” I dint wait for even a second, started walking straight away.

Notable point that I've spent my whole School life and spending my University life in Colombo 07, but never walked through the interior roads of Col-07, thoroughly excited I should say.

Once I crossed the Arts faculty of UoC, I found a short cut route to reach SSC grounds. I can say, the short route has a name, I just googled that. "Independence Walk" what people calls it. Once I went through the Independence Square what I got next is a playground, which is named as Sports Ministry Playground. Checked the time from a clock tower just opposite to the grounds. It was three-quarter passed six. Sigh!!!! More time to go (my mind voice). Well there was a digital clock with the Bank of Ceylon, Independence Square branch as well. I should say the BoC branch is wonderful, the evening view is mind-blowing.
And yeah!!!!
Finally reached the SSC, Through Vidya Mawatha reached Wijerama Mw. Now, I walked towards Gregory's Road. That's all I know. I know If I walk all along in Gregory's Road I will reach home easily. But I don't want to go home early, as I have to wait till my mum comes. Also I do not know any roads afterwards Gregory's Road. I was thinking, thinking and thinking OK DECIDED; let’s walk through the unknown roads. Checked the time again, LOL its just quarter passed seven. So I started walking again. 


But the roads gone out of sight, usually you don't see many street lights in Colombo 07 interior roads, So I was suffering like how to go. I dint ask anybody out there on road, because I loved the twist and had a strong belief that I can somehow reach home. I was walking like hell, searching for roads in that dark messy evening. I assume that I walked like 4km through in that rough night to reach home. I checked the time finally after reaching my road, its half passed eight. You know what; my mum still not arrived at home. It was nearly 9pm to settle myself. I told right nothing was going right that day. That has proven again. Important fact that the roads which I passed through in this journey following as,

Prof. Stanley Wijesundara Mw ---> Independence Walk ---> Independence Square ---> Independence Avenue ---> Maitland Place --->Vidya Mw ---> Wijerama Mw ---> Rosemead Place ---> Knysey Road ---> Austin Place ---> Borella Junction.

I was so idiotic to walk a long way to reach, where it could've been done simply. But nevertheless it was a memorable journey, very memorable indeed.

The route and important stills are attached, my phone cam ain't that quality, please bare with me:D



Cheers!!!! 










The Route ( See from bottom image to top)

























Independence Square Images





































The Clock Tower


















The BoC Super Branch






















The Extremely dark Colombo 07 Roads

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice Bro..!

CJ said...

I remember one my batch mates used to do something similar during our first semester just to know the city. That guy is from a district where couple of hundred km away from Colombo and he travel 5-10km by bus from UOC and then walk back to his boarding place. More similarly Mr. Borella also did the same.

Unknown said...

cool machan.....usually u don't see the beauty within your reach....there should be an exception like this to discover that by ur own....anyway,nice work dude....keep it up....:D

Post a Comment